- That citrus soda 7-UP was created in 1929; "7" was selected because the
original containers were 7 ounces. "UP" indicated the direction of the bubbles.
- Mosquito repellents don't repel. They hide you. The spray blocks the mosquito's sensors
so they don't know you're there.
- Dentists recommend that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet away from a toilet to avoid
airborne particles resulting from the flush.
- The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as substitute for blood plasma.
- American car horns beep in the tone of F.
- No piece of paper can be folded more than 7 times.
- Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.
- 1 in every 4 Americans has appeared on television.
- You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.
- Oak trees do not produce acorns until they are fifty years of age or older.
- The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley's gum.
- The king of hearts is the only king without a mustache.
- A Boeing 747s wingspan is longer than the Wright brother's first flight.
- American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating 1 olive from each salad served in
- Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
- The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA."
- Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.
- The 57 on the Heinz ketchup bottle represents the number of varieties of pickles the
company once had.
- The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets.
- Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin.
- The first owner of the Marlboro company died of lung cancer.
- Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
- Betsy Ross is the only real person to ever have been the head on a Pez dispenser.
- Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike annually than all of the Nike factory workers
in Malaysia combined.
- Adolf Hitler's mother seriously considered having an abortion but was talked out of it
by her doctor.
- Marilyn Monroe had six toes.
- All US Presidents have worn glasses. Some just didn't like being seen wearing them in
- Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
- The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing her hands in jelly.
- Debra Winger was the voice of E.T.
- Pearls melt in vinegar.
- It takes 3,000 cows to supply the NFL with enough leather for a year's supply of
- Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.
- The three most valuable brand names on earth: Marlboro, Coca Cola, and Budweiser, in
- It is possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs.
- The average life span of a major league baseball: seven pitches.
- A duck's quack doesn't echo and no one knows why.
- The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the days when the engines were
pulled by horses. The horses were stabled on the ground floor and figured out how to walk
up straight staircases.
- Richard Milhouse Nixon was the first US president whose name contains all the letters
found in the word "criminal."
......................>>> The second ? William Jefferson Clinton !